Instructions for abstract submission
Abstract submission is supported by the professional conference management software Exordo. All abstracts must be submitted electronically through this system. Find information that will help you prepare your abstracts and use the system with ease below:
All abstracts must be original and unpublished work!
You need to provide the following information:
- Submission title
- Abstract body
Abstracts must be submitted with the following sections:
- Materials and Methods
* In case of case reports or keynote lecture annotations, you need to enter the whole text in the first field and put a dot “.” in the three other sections.
- Abstracts should be submitted in English. Please attempt to write a concise abstract and ensure that you convey sufficient details for adequate review;
- The maximum number of words is 300 (excluding the abstract title and authors). No figures or tables are allowed at the time of abstract submission;
- Please list all authors (including email address, author’s names, title, affiliation, and country). Each listed author will receive an automated email regarding the submission;
- Only the corresponding author can make modifications to an abstract after it has been submitted, and only until the abstract submission deadline 15 January 2021 (23:59).
- Before you can submit an abstract, the system will require that you create an account. (Please note that accessing the Exordo system after creating the account can be only made using the original email and password. Please do not use alternative emails when accessing the system.)
- The author doing the submission will also need to sign a “Terms of Service” document on behalf of the submission team.
- Following the creation of the account, you can log into the system to change your original abstract until the final date of the submission period (15 January 2021).
- Your abstract should be entered in the online system by finding the “My Submissions” tab on your dashboard.
- Select “New Submission” for each abstract you would like to submit. The site will then walk you through the process step by step.
- During the submission process you will be asked to indicate the conference and the conference section for your contribution(s). You may review the Sections here.
- Submitters that intend to participate in the “Best Paper Competition” should indicate this at the time of submission. The best paper will be selected from each conference section. Papers will be evaluated in two steps: 1. evaluation of the abstract 2. evaluation of the presentation. Awarded papers receive the invitation to submit a full paper in a cited journal
The submitted abstracts will go through review by a RW2021 scientific committee comprised of experienced professionals in multiple areas :
- Abstract criteria (from unacceptable to excellent)
- Content (relevance, originality, significance)
- Clarity (clear aims, appropriate methods and materials, clearly structured results and conclusions)
- Language (appropriate use of language)
Authors can submit their papers to be presented as a poster-, or oral presentation. The decision of which abstracts to select for oral presentations is the responsibility of the RW2021 Scientific Committee.
The Committee will review all submitted abstracts.
After the review process, the submitters will be asked to upload their presentations. Presentations will be made available to the public.
Posters will be presented as e-presentations and the organisers will provide a template
All presenting authors must be registered participants. Achievements and development of Science is one of the top priorities of Rīga Stradiņš University, therefore attendance to RW2021 is free of charge. More information on how to register will follow after abstract submission deadline.
Abstract Submitter's Declaration
- Abstract has been previewed and all information is correct. Content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and it will be published as submitted.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes all authors consent to publication (e.g. on conference website, programs, other promotions, etc.)
- Abstract Submitter warrants and represents that no part of the information and content provided by them (hereafter - "Content") to the Organisers, nor the publication of any such Content by the Organisers, on the internet or otherwise infringes any third party rights, including but not limited to privacy rights and/or intellectual property rights.
- The Abstract Submitter grants the Organisers copyright license to reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the text of the Content on a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive basis.
- The presenting author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract.
- The Organisers reserve the right to remove an abstract from publication and/or presentation that does not comply with the above.
- Abstract submission deadline: 15 January 2021 (23:59)
- Abstract notification of acceptance sent by: 1 March 2021
- Uploading poster presentations into the virtual platform: 23:59, 14 March 2021
- Registration for participants opens on 8 March. Abstract authors and coauthors of RW2021 will receive automatically generated access via e-mail. No need for additional registration
NB! FOR STUDENTS abstract submission is provided on RSU International Student Conference (ISC 2021) webpage. Please click HERE for more information!