Instructions for Authors/HELP
Instructions for the preparation of e-Posters
E-poster presentations will be available for viewing through the poster gallery throughout the conferences. Each e-poster will consist of a 1-page JPG image file and an optional up to 3 minutes long embedded video description prepared by the author. The participants will be able to chat with the poster presenter through the virtual platform. The author can provide an optional virtual meeting link for online discussion of the poster. The author should be available for chat on the virtual system during the prespecified time for poster viewing session.
Technical specification for e-poster preparation
Please upload your e-poster as a 1-page static image file in your RSU Research Week 2021 conference profile in portrait orientation. You can download the Powerpoint templates for each conference:
- Language: All E-Posters should be prepared in English.File format: .jpg or .png (minimum resolution 1080x1920)
- E-Poster orientation: portrait (vertical)
- Hyperlinks, animated images, animations, and videos are not permitted for e-posters and will be non-functioning
- When you have finished your poster using our .PPTX template, please select File - Save As, choose “JPEG (*.jpg)”, “PNG (*.png)” as file format and click Save
- Upload your .jpg file in your virtual platform by navigating to your poster page under VIRTUAL POSTERS tab
- We also advise you to upload an additional PDF version of your poster as a downloadable file in your profile if your poster contains detailed schemes and graphs that require higher resolution
To ensure proper visibility, use font size of at least 16 points or larger. To test your poster before you upload it, print it for proofreading on paper (A4 size) and if it reads clearly from one meter then your electronic version will look fine.
Adding an embedded video description to you e-poster
Record a video of up to 3 minutes long and upload it to any video sharing (Youtube, Vimeo etc.) or cloud storage (OneDrive, Google Drive etc.) service, copy its link and embed it in your poster's profile on RSU RW 2021 conference platform.
Messaging with e-poster authors
You can chat with e-poster authors by posting a comment under the e-poster in the author’s RSU RW 2021 profile page.
Virtual meeting with e-poster authors
Each author can provide an optional virtual meeting link (Zoom, MS Teams, Skype etc.) on their e-poster page in RSU RW 2021 profile. By clicking the provided link, you can discuss the e-poster with the author during the poster viewing session.
By uploading your e-poster, you agree to having it published on the RSU RW 2021 virtual platform and freely accessible to all participants.
Access to virtual platform
You will receive the access and instructions for the virtual platform until 5 March. This will automatically assure your registration to RW2021.
The deadline for uploading your poster presentation is 14 March 23:59
Instructions for oral presentations
How to prepare your presentation
Format: your presentation should be prepared in PPTX (Powerpoint) format. You may use the designs or backgrounds provided below, but it is not mandatory. Presentations do not need to be sent in advance, but shared from your computer directly during your presentation.
Ratio: aspect ratio of your presentation must be 16:9.
Layout: please keep the top right corner of your slides, free from title, text, or images (to avoid being hidden by your camera and other images)
If your presentation contains video materials, please send them (streaming platform link, cloud storage link or file) to supportrwrsu[pnkts]lv by 14 March 23:59. Videos will be demonstrated directly from the broadcasting platform to ensure optimal viewing experience without stuttering and lagging. Your file name should contain the presentation ID number, name and last name
You are required to join your live session at least 15 minutes before your scheduled time by using the Zoom link that will be sent to your email.
Make sure that you have a functional webcam and microphone for your speech. Please test your sound and video before joining the session. You will be asked to share your screen during your presentation.
If you are strictly unable to participate online in the live session of your presentation, you can upload a prerecorded video of your speech. !Please inform us if you are willing to use a prerecorded video instead of your live presentation. After recording your presentation, upload it to Youtube or Vimeo and send a link to your video to supportrwrsu[pnkts]lv. Your file name should contain the presentation ID number, name and last name
For RSU employees and residents, students and academical staff, we recommend using Panopto platform for prerecorded video. Instructions for recording and submitting video in Panopto can be found here. RSU employees and residents may contact RSU IT department for assistance in prerecording an oral presentation.
Conference programs are being finalized, and you check the day, time and the length of your presentation in the RW2021 website here:
University Teaching and Learning
Knowledge for Use in Practice
Society. Health. Welfare
! The RW2021 organizer reserves the right to make changes to the event program
Access to virtual platform
You will receive the access and instructions for the virtual platform until 10 March. This will automatically assure your registration to RW2021.
The deadline for prerecorded video (instructions provided above) and video (in case required for the presentation is no later than) 14 March 23:59
Click here for more on of "How to present"
Instructions for E-Poster presentations
Poster sessions will be held mainly without direct face-to-face interaction with the authors, however several ways of communication with other participants and the scientific committee are available.
All posters will be viewable throughout the duration of RSU RW 2021. However, to assure communication between authors and scientific committees of the conference, a specific timeframe has been assigned for each poster as the time when members of the scientific committees will do the poster viewing. It is recommended for poster authors to be available for chat and question answering in our virtual platform during these assigned times.
Posters can be viewed in our virtual platform. After logging in:
- Choose your desired conference
- Press the tab VIRTUAL POSTERS at the upper part of the page
- Find posters by title or ID number
- Official poster viewing times can be found in Agenda by pressing the Agenda button on the left side panel and choosing Posters tab.
- You can filter your preferred topic by pressing Filter topics. Subtopics are divided into two sublevels. You can also find them by using the Search... bar.
- After opening poster page, the image can be zoomed in by clicking it or choosing About tab
- Step by step guide with screenshots on "How to find a poster in the virtual platform"
- Poster schedule in an excel form
How communicate with the members of the scientific committees, participants and poster authors?
- By submitting a question or a comment to the author in the comments section at the poster page or in the live chat with the author.
- Author can post a short (up to 3 minutes) video comment/description about the poster in the poster page. Upload your video in your Google Drive, OneDrive, Youtube, Facebook or other cloud storage or video streaming service and add it in a post in your poster page by entering the embed code of your video. If technical help is needed, call +371 66955200 or contact supportrwrsu[pnkts]lv.
- The author of the poster can publish a self-made link to a virtual meeting (Zoom, MS Teams, Skype etc.) and offer a face-to-face remote meeting to discuss the poster if participants wish to do so. Direct text chat option between participants is also available through which the author can be informed if another participant wishes to join the virtual meeting.
Best Paper Competition is going to take place during RSU RW 2021. Posters that have been marked with Competition tag in the Agenda have been selected for semi-final of the competition. NB! If you are one of the competitors, to prepare better for the contest, read the guidelines.
Instructions for Moderators/Assistants and other Q/A
Other tools/promo material
Zoom backgrounds (optional)
Please, if you have passed the deadlines and have ignored the reminders and now our assistance is required, be patient, read the instructions, and our team will get back to you as soon as possible